The show will go on Saturday and Sunday with no changes! Gates open at 9:00 a.m.
and show time at 11:00 a.m.
WHAT IS THE BARKSDALE AIR FORCE BASE SHOW: Held for the first time in 1933, the Barksdale Air Force Base Air Show is a full-weekend spectacular featuring displays of latest as well as historical military and civilian aircraft and other performers.
MISSION: Barksdale Air Force Base Air Show serves to enhance the public awareness of Air Force capabilities and preparedness and allows Shreveport-Bossier City to showcase the Louisiana home of the B-52, grant access to tour the military installation, view military and aerobatic performers, and support the recruiting arm of our armed forces.
ORGANIZERS: The Air show is organized and hosted by the 2nd Bomb Wing Barksdale Air Force Base with the support of the Military Affairs Council, Shreveport, LA.
- Date: Saturday, April 30 and Sunday, May 1
- Venue: Barksdale Air Force Base
- Show Time: 11am; Gates open at 9am
- Admission: Free
- Parking: Free; On-base parking will be made available for visitors entering the North (Bossier) and West (Shreveport) gates. All vehicles will be directed to the flight line parking area.
Directions: Consult our traffic flow maps.
- Please allow enough time for coming to the base, parking your car at designated areas and going through security checks.
- Security Advisory: No weapons are allowed. Backpacks, large purses and coolers will be prohibited on the airfield. Please check our Security FAQs for further details.
- Food and drinks will be available for purchase at the air show. There will be water bottle filling stations throughout the spectator area. As there are very few shaded areas, sunscreen is highly recommended.
All performers and schedules will be made available upon confirmation. Performers are subject to change.
For the latest info and real-time updates, follow us on:
For any inquiries, please contact us at:
2nd Bomb Wing Public Affairs
334 Davis Ave. West
Barksdale AFB, LA 71110
This website is operated exclusively by the Shreveport-Bossier Military Affairs Council. No Federal endorsement is intended.